Saturday, October 27, 2007

Julene and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day!!

So, friday after work I made a quick stop at Safeway to pick up some groceries, to make the wonderful lasanga, caesar salad and garlic bread meal I had planned for Brennan and Michelle. Just as the cashier was about to scan my food, a lady came in and said that the cashier should get her manager because someone's, who was in safeway, vehicle was in an accident. I looked out the window and thought "hmmm that looks kind of like my car....no that looks a lot like my car!" I quickly looked out the door to see where I had parked and there was another vehicle parked where mine had been. IT IS MY CAR!!! So what happened!! I had parked, left my car in neutral, didn't apply the emergency brake...my car made a beautiful "U" shape as it rolled out of the Safeway parking lot, across the street (a fairly busy street I might add) and pushed it's way across the bumper of a small truck on the other side of the street. On lookers said that it just looked like someone was backing out...except no one was driving the car. Thankfully there was no damage to the other truck but my car...well....you can see for yourself :)






1 comment:

Craig said...

I have done the exact same thing with my car at Tim Hortons. I'm standing in line and someone comes in to say a car is rolling away. I look and it's mine! It was rolling towards the gas pumps that shared the parking lot. Luckily it didn't get that far and it didn't hit anything. Luckily!